Sunday 9 May 2010

Day Four & Five Of Chicken Pox

In comparison to Wednesday and how I looked and felt, at this stage of the dreaded virus I looked beautiful and could do anything. However, the bitter reality is that I was from beautiful (by this, I mean my normal state, which on a normal average day isn’t anything great) and I couldn’t do anything really. Thursday and Friday (Day Four and Five) I was not planning on sitting in bed at 10 in the morning watching the Jeremy Kyle show in disgust while laughing at a woman’s high pitched voiced telling me about her cheating husband while clutching a tissue, I was indeed suppose to be sitting my Photography Exam.  Thursday was indeed a very low and depressing day for me...

After I had an uncomfortable night Tuesday, which caused me to be incredibly tired and sleepy Wednesday, I was happy to sleep the entire night through Wednesday, so this was a big morale booster for Thursday and Friday for me. You find that sleep is very uncomfortable with Chicken Pox. It feels like you are sleeping on a pillow made of Rice Krispies. Also, you find during the night you not only wake up with more spots on your torso, but that’s you’ve scratched. I spend the entire day concentrating on not scratching any part of my body in order not to be left with scaring, but then I go and ruin it during the night.

Everyone knows that when you get Chicken Pox, it covers your body and you get them everywhere. However, people don’t realise that it is EVERYWHERE. Without going into too much detail, your genitals do not escape this virus. Alarming is the fact that Chicken Pox is actually from the Hepatitis family. Essentially, I have tried my best not to look. Itching is the worse. I thought my chest and back was bad, but as soon as the spots popped up around my manhood, I forgot about all other itching. As I’ve said, you can only control yourself when you’re awake, so let us just say I am paying for scratching during the night. A lot of cream has been used. Just painful. The Doctor never told me about that. He told me about everything else to expect from Chicken Pox, apart from that one fact that I, as a man, found very important.

Chicken Pox are compared to Volcano’s a lot. You don’t develop Chicken Pox spots, or they don’t just ‘come out’. Instead, the medical term for getting Chicken Pox spots is an eruption. My sick note contains the words ‘...when Stuart erupted into Chicken Pox’. I read the word ‘erupted’ a lot on the Internet as well when reading about this, and to me it just sounds like a Journalist from The Sun wrote all the medical journals about Chicken Pox. It sounds much sensationalised. They’re Chicken Pox, and they are not nice, but I do not think they really need to be exaggerated to that level.

(Next paragraph not for the squeamish)

The reason I think that Chicken Pox are described as a Volcano is this: The spot appears like a normal spot which one of a similar age to me will get every few days due to being a teenager. Then of course after a day or so, the spot bursts and lovely puss comes out the top, much like an erupting Volcano. Then, the crust will dry and harden; like the lava from a Volcano once it has cooled. This allows the spot to heal, before that falls off and reveals a scab which will inevitably follow suit and then, fingers crossed, no scaring will be found.

(Welcome back squeamish reader(s))

My face seems to be about a day ahead of the rest of my body, with it by Friday already beginning to recover. After it was incredibly swollen in mid-week, Friday it had calmed down and beginning to scab over to heal. Good news. However, I am a person who likes to be clean and shaven. I don’t do stubble, beards, goatees, moustaches, or any other facial hair. I’ve not Shaved since Saturday, so by Friday, it was an entire week. It doesn’t help as I am not sure whether my face is itching as a result of the scabbing or the mass of hair. I cannot shave until the scabs have healed because any damage done to them, could result in me having scars on my. Not good at all. I want this Chicken Pox to finish; not so I can return to school and see my friends, but just so I can go back to having a lovely shave.

I have not been able to work out the origin of my Chicken Pox. Apart from the fact that Chicken Pox is a virus which is very easily shared amongst other people by contact or by air-borne molecules. However, it has been pointed down to Margate, a seaside place in the east of Kent. The area is currently in the midst of a Chicken Pox ‘pandemic’ (I use that word very uselessly though) and about two weeks ago, I went there with my friends, ironically to allow me to do some Photography work. I now hate Margate, and I would appreciate it if anyone reading this would join me in fist-shaking in the general direction of Margate. Point your fist – AND shake it in anger.

Thank-you.
Ciao for now!

10 comments:

  1. "I don’t do stubble, beards, goatees, moustaches, or any other facial hair. I’ve not Shaved since Saturday, so by Friday, it was an entire week. It doesn’t help as I am not sure whether my face is itching as a result of the scabbing or the mass of hair."

    This is exactly my problem now! Thank you for sharing your experiences. I'm currently down with chickenpox at 22.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'm 23 down with this god damned pox!

      Do you still write? Then I'm following you.

      Delete
  2. I am 14 and am on my day 2 of chicken pox. I am writing this message in the middle of the night (it is around 1:25a.m right now) because thanks to this itching I can't get a wink of sleep right now. Nor did I get any yesterday. My school is starting from day after. Please suggest ways to at least get sleep, if not a good one

    ReplyDelete
  3. Except the first two days of chickenpox (when I had fever) since then I had not been able to sleep at night. Please suggest something to get sleep at night. For days I had been trying but due to itching I couldn't get sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Except the first two days of chickenpox (when I had fever) since then I had not been able to sleep at night. Please suggest something to get sleep at night. For days I had been trying but due to itching I couldn't get sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do u decide which side to sleep on.. Cuz u hav blister like lesions everywhere! So damn difficult. . 2nd day and I hav already broken 10 and still counting.. someone plz tell me a way 2 sleep..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kindly tell me if you had them in your eyes. My sister has many of them in her eyes. She caan't open her eyes and there is great discomfort. Please share your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm 22 and affected. Im writing this 12:49am already. Im on 2nd day and it's itchy. It's hard to sleep now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im suffering for the 3 day.. Now time 1.15,my stomach aching cant slp tell me a remedy, blisters also aching... In throat also it came.Tell me a remedy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im suffering for the 3 day.. Now time 1.15,my stomach aching cant slp tell me a remedy, blisters also aching... In throat also it came.Tell me a remedy

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.